Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Goals

Let me put forth a pretty strong absolute here. I have NEVER seen a January goal to fruition.

But this is a post about goals.

You must know that the fact that I'm even typing out any of this is a result of a lot of transformation that has happened in my heart and mind over the past six months of life. The details of that are a post for a much later day, but let me just say that the Lord is faithful to carry us into unknown places so that he can give us such a great story to celebrate. That is good news, folks!

So here I am writing about goals. Big, who-I-want-to-be-when-I'm-80 goals (or at least goals that will help me get there one day). I have dug into these questions, these hopes, and I have come up with a starting point. The Lord has given clarity to my mind and hope in my heart so that for once, I'm excited about these goals. I actually have real hope that I can get to the end of this year and be proud of the work I've done and the life I have submitted to the Lord in 2015. People, this is a COMPLETELY FOREIGN concept to my mind. But this year is different. I am different and I have hope.

Now, friends, let me tell you about PowerSheets. These are PowerSheets.


PowerSheets are a purpose planning tool developed by Lara Casey. Praise the Lord for her sweet heart and smiling face. For real.


Basically, PowerSheets get you thinking about who you truly desire to be, what you've done right or wrong in the past, and how you want to get to where you feel the Lord has called you to be. Lara has done a fantastic job of weaving a ton of hope, paired with a heap of grace, throughout the PowerSheets. This is key, my friends. In working through the prep process (about 30 pages that took several days), I never once felt called to ideals or perfection. I felt called to seek the Lord and be honest with myself and have hope in the Lord's strength in my life. That is the perfect place to be situated when thinking about goals.


So what does progress, not perfection, look like in 2015? It looks like seven goals that encompass all areas of my life. It looks like this:

1) Celebrate Well!: This is my jam. This goal will infiltrate all aspects of life but is grounded by the idea that the Lord has done much and I would be remiss to not celebrate it as much as possible!


2) Ask for Help: I want to live a life of humble learning. Asking for help has been a painfully difficult thing for me in the past, but the Lord is gracious to mold us, and he is helping me. This goal will consist of seeking wise counsel in all areas of life: financial, business, spiritual, and much more.


3) Intimacy with the Lord: I have been on the path to solidifying the habit of spending time with the Lord, but I want to grow in intimacy with the Lord's heart. This goal will look a lot like deepening community in our church, but also planning out specific margins in our lives to draw near to the Lord.


4) Grow Immeasurable Shop: We have big time dreams for our shop but are in a phase of small steps. We believe that the Lord has made it clear for us to pursue this dream, and this year will consist of a lot of planning, a lot of sewing, at least one Arts and Crafts Show, and a lot of grace!


5) Develop Immeasurable Blog: We are excited to learn and develop this blog as a space to share progress, record life, and deepen connections for life and business. You will hopefully see some changes around here with respect to design, more frequent posting, and maybe even some guests along the way!


6) Develop a Habit of Physical Health: It helps me to see this goal as a habit to develop rather than a mountain to conquer (as I have seen it in the past). I will choose grace with myself, and I will celebrate progress!


7) Live Simply: The ultimate purpose in our living simply is to attempt to lighten the burden that this world has on our hearts. It will mean purifying, purging, and organizing many different areas of life, but also learning what it means to be fully content in the Lord.


(The pictures in this post are courtesy of Goal #7. First step was to clean the sewing room!)

Within the PowerSheets, you set overall goals, but then you break them down into tangible, trackable, monthly, weekly, and daily goals. I will be posting my monthly goals here, along with follow-ups, at the start of each month. I hope that this will be a source of encouragement and hope for any of you who follow along. The end goal is to have much to CELEBRATE!

Wish me luck!


Sources: 
PowerSheets (sold out until May)


No comments:

Post a Comment